Shoulder Pain Treatment with our Odessa Chiropractor
Do you suffer from shoulder pain in the Odessa area? Well, stop it! Back Pain Institute of West Texas can help relieve shoulder pain, stiffness, and weakness all of which can deplete your quality of life.
Our chiropractor, Dr. Robert Kuskin, is a trained and certified chiropractor who has delivered pain relief for a number of shoulder conditions. It is our goal to go beyond returning your quality of life and into improving it.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
There are a plethora of reasons why you might have shoulder pain. It can be a direct issue with the shoulder or referred pain from other areas of the body. Many of these can be virtually cured with the right treatment while others – with more permanent causes of your shoulder pain – can find relief to improve your quality of life.
In order to determine the cause of your shoulder pain, the chiropractor will gather information through:
- An oral medical, familial, and personal history.
- A physical exam of the affected area and its surrounding tissues.
- A neurological exam to determine nerve function.
- Advanced imaging techniques like x-ray, MRI, CAT scan, EMG, etc.
These methods will provide your chiropractor with the information needed to develop a treatment regimen for your particular shoulder pain.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
The causes of shoulder pain include issues causally related to the shoulder as well as those that are referred from another part of the body. These causes include:
- Strains – tearing or stretching tendon or muscle
- Adhesive Capsulitis – commonly known as Frozen Shoulder
- Trauma to the shoulder itself like that in an auto accident
- Shoulder Bursae – inflammation of the bursa (a small sac of fluid near the shoulder joint)
- Sprains – a violent twisting or wrenching of the ligaments of a joint
- Tendinitis – inflammation of the tendons of the shoulder from overuse, infection, or rheumatic disease
- Inflammatory conditions like arthritis
- Extremely rare tumors or infections of the shoulder
Shoulder Pain Treatments
If the pain in your shoulder is referred pain from another area of the body, treatments of the shoulder will not be effective. The chiropractor will be able to tell you where the pain is coming from and how to make it go away. Among the treatments that may be used to relieve your pain are:
- Rehabilitative exercise and stretching regimens
- Trigger Point therapy
- Manual manipulation of the spine
- Spinal decompression
- Therapeutic massage
- Electronic stimulation of nerve roots and endings
Contact The Back Institute Of West Texas Today!
Do you have questions or want to schedule an appointment? Great! Simply give the friendly knowledgeable staff at Back Pain Institute of West Texas a call at (432) 332-3388 or stop by our offices located at 1030 N Grandview Ave in Odessa Texas. You can also schedule an appointment online for your convenience. Let us help you achieve a quality of life above what you have now.