Massage Therapy Offered at Back Pain Institute of West Texas
Massage therapy can be an extremely powerful tool that can help you take charge of your health and overall well-being. For a long time, massage was only thought to be available through upscale health clubs and luxury spas, but the good news is it is available as a form of chiropractic care as a source of pain relief, reducing tension and relieving the discomfort associated with a wide range of health conditions. Here are just a few of the reasons to consider massage therapy as a complementary service in addition to treatment from our Odessa chiropractor at Back Pain Institute of West Texas.
Types of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is a general term for pressing, manipulating and rubbing your muscles, ligaments, tendons, and skin. Massages can vary from a light stroking to providing deep pressure and there are several different types of massage, including:
- Deep Massage - This type of massage uses slow, forceful strokes to target your muscle and connective tissue at a deeper level. Deep massage is often used to help repair and relieve the muscle damage caused by injuries.
- Swedish Massage - This type of massage uses long strokes, deep circular movements, kneading, tapping and vibration to help energize and relax you.
- Sports Massage - This is one of the most common types of massage provided with chiropractic care and it is typically used for those involved in sports to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage - This is also a common form of massage included with chiropractic care. Trigger point massage focuses on the tight muscle fibers that may form in the muscles after overuse and/or an injury.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is thought to be a complementary or alternative form of treatment. It is often used along with standard treatment for a vast array of medical conditions and situations. Research has shown that when massage therapy along with chiropractic care it is effective in reducing pain, stress and muscle tension. The benefits of massage include relief of the symptoms associated with:
- Headaches and migraines
- Digestive disorders
- Stress-related insomnia
- Soft tissue injuries or strains
- Sports injuries
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint pain
The best news about massage therapy is that you don’t need any special preparations. Before your massage session begins, your chiropractor will ask you about any symptoms you are experiencing, your medical history and what you hope to get out of the massage. Following your massage, you can assume your usual activities, but your chiropractor may recommend that you drink plenty of fluids throughout the remainder of the day.
Contact Back Pain Institute of West Texas for Massage Therapy in Odessa, TX
Our Odessa chiropractor will explain the type of massage and the techniques that will be beneficial to your specific treatment. To schedule your massage, contact the Back Pain Institute of West Texas by calling (432) 332-3388.