Shoulder Pain Following an Auto Accident from Back Pain Institute of West Texas
At the Back Pain Institute of West Texas, we know that auto accidents can happen at any time. Regardless of whether it is rush hour, night time, or poor weather conditions, there are numerous factors that are going to play a role in the development of any auto accident. If someone suffers an injury, such as shoulder pain, our goal is to provide them with the care they deserve. Take a look at some of the common injuries that people might suffer in a motor vehicle collision.
Common Shoulder Injuries in an Auto Accident
If an individual is involved in a motor vehicle accident, there are a few shoulder injuries that he or she might sustain. Some of the most common shoulder injuries people might suffer include:
- Shoulder Dislocation: A shoulder can be dislocated in any number of directions. This can lead to extreme pain that makes it hard to use the shoulder in any meaningful way until the injury is reduced.
- Pinched Nerve: It is also possible for someone to suffer a pinched nerve in a motor vehicle accident. When this happens, shooting pains can travel up and down the arm.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: In addition, people might also suffer an injury involving the rotator cuff. This is a tear of one of the muscles that provide support to the shoulder itself. This can lead to extreme pain and weakness.
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Following an injury to the shoulder in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to reach out to a trained chiropractor for help. Some of the treatment options a chiropractor can provide include:
- Chiropractic Care: Using adjustments and manipulations, a chiropractor can ensure that the joint is properly aligned. This is going to play an important role in the recovery process.
- Physical Therapy: A chiropractor can also direct someone using a plan of exercises that are going to strengthen the shoulder joint preventing the injury from coming back.
- Rehabilitation: Rehabilitation can be used to provide individuals with an opportunity to restore function to the joint itself. This can improve flexibility and range of motion.
Call Back Pain Institute of West Texas Today!
At Back Pain Institute of West Texas, we place the needs of the patients in the Odessa, TX area ahead of our own. It is our goal to make sure that all our patients receive the care that they require to ensure a swift and speedy recovery. This includes shoulder injuries following an auto accident. If you have questions or concerns about your health, please give us a call today to schedule an appointment with our local chiropractor! We can answer your questions and help relieve your pain.